Tuesday 10 October 2017

The ones who dream - LA LA LAND IN CONCERT (October, 7th - Milan)

When my friend Silvia told me that at the Teatro Arcimboldi in Milan it would have been an event connected with La La Land (here my film review), I immediately set the alarm clock to get the tickets.

the poster of the event 
  The thing that makes this event special is that I watched the film while the orchestra played the instrumental part of the soundtrack of the film and not only the tracks which were only instrumental, but also the songs. The match was so perfect that I had to look at the musicians to understand if they were playing or not.

  I really liked the pianist, the saxophonist and the double bass player, who were really good, but all the orchestra deserved to be listened to. I didn't like how they played the Jazz tracks (as "Herman's Habit"), which were not "Jazz" enough to me .

  Another magical element was the use of lights in the theatre, which reproduced the colours of the different scenes: if the palette was more violet, there were violet lights; when the band where Sebastian played at a club, in the theatre there were red strobe lights as if we were at that club.
  My favourite moment of the concert was when the spotlight lighted up only the pianist as it was happening in the film:

  The orchestra, obviously, kept on playing even during the end credits, but some persons started to leave the theatre unexpectedly: it was not just an event to let people watch the film again on theatres, but also to listen to the live music of a professional orchestra.

A photo I took during the end credits
I hope to see this kind of events also in the future, because they represent three of my passions: music, films and theatre.

-----------------------------------------------------

Bye for now!

Yours, Silvia

p.s. let me know my clicking on the list on the left side of the blog which film review you would like to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment